Sunday, September 4, 2011

Bob Sanders

My name is Kyle Goodwin and I play Strong Safety for the Shoremen. I will be blogging about NFL Safeties.  This week my blog will feature Bob Sanders. Bob is actually not his real name, his name is Demond. When people had a hard time pronouncing his name, his mom said we will just call you Bob. Bob Sanders plays Strong Safety for the San Diego Chargers. In my opinion, Bob Sanders is one of the best safeties in the NFL. I think he is one of the best because of his reckless attitude on the field. Bob Sanders plays with no regrets and leaves nothing on the field, that is why he was nicknamed the "Hitman". Bob Sander's Stats
As a freshman, Sanders played at Erie Central High School, then transferred to Cathedral Preparatory School in Erie Pennsylvania and was a four year letterman and a two time All Conference, as a running back and safety. Sander's finished his senior year with 900 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns. His NFL career includes two Pro Bowls and two years as an All Pro.  In 2007, he earned the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year Award. Sanders is a leader off the field as well. In 2008, he started the "Chasing Dreams Foundation".Bob Sander's Foundation
This foundation  gives students in grades 8-12 enrichment in cultural activities as well as academic tutoring and college readiness support. Sanders feels college should be a goal for every student. This week I have picked Bob Sanders as one of my all time favorites for his dedication on and off the field.

1 comment: